Links to Scott Guthrie's Using LINQ to SQL Tutorials

Published 27 July 10 11:56 PM | Scott Mitchell

Back when Visual Studio 2008 came out, Scott Guthrie wrote an excellent series of blog posts on using LINQ to SQL. Unfortunately, the various installments are not easy to follow when starting from Part 1 and going onward, so I've decided to gather and organize the links here for myself and for anyone else interested in his tutorial.

Using LINQ to SQL

Also, there was (at one time) a single PDF containing all of these tutorials, but the website where it was hosted appears to be offline. Does anyone have a copy of that PDF they'd care to send me to host?

UPDATE: Some time ago a developer by the name of Kadir Pekel compiled all nine tutorials into a single PDF and hosted them on his website, http://it-box.blogturk.net, but that website no longer is around. Helpful reader Milan had a copy of said PDF and sent it to me (thank you!), which you can download here, if interested: http://www.datawebcontrols.com/classes/LINQToSql.zip

Happy Programming!

Comments

# Milan said on July 27, 2010 05:44 PM:

Hi Scott,

I've the pdf (USING LINQ TO SQL By Scott Guthrie, Great ‘LINQ To Sql’ Tutorial Series From

ScottGu’s Blog, Compilation By Kadir Pekel, http://it-box.blogturk.net) - it is about 8MB - just tell me the email - or should I upload it somewhere?

Best regards,

Milan

# Scott Mitchell said on July 27, 2010 05:51 PM:

Milan, please send me the PDF using www.TransferBigFiles.com. I'll then host it for download.

Thanks!

# Milan said on July 27, 2010 06:08 PM:

Here is the link

www.transferbigfiles.com/7ce4fb2e-94f2-404b-8801-e540357c7b69

HTH,

Milan

# Scott Mitchell said on July 27, 2010 06:13 PM:

Milan, thanks, but when I go there (via the link you provided above) it says, "The recipient is invalid." Did you send it to mitchell@4guysfromrolla.com? Usually, the recipient will get an email with a link to download. I did not get such an email in my inbox.

Thanks

# Scott Mitchell said on July 27, 2010 06:43 PM:

FYI, Milan resent the file and I was able to download it. It is now hosted here: www.datawebcontrols.com/.../LINQToSql.zip

Thanks, Milan!