Back when Visual Studio 2008 came out, Scott Guthrie wrote an excellent series of blog posts on using LINQ to SQL.
Unfortunately, the various installments are not easy to follow when starting from Part 1 and going onward, so I’ve decided to gather and organize the links here for me and for anyone else interested in his tutorial.
Using LINQ to SQL
- Part 1: Introduction to LINQ to SQL
- Part 2: Defining our Data Model Classes
- Part 3: Querying our Database
- Part 4: Updating our Database
- Part 5: Binding UI using the <asp:LinqDataSource> Control
- Part 6: Retrieving Data Using Stored Procedures
- Part 7: Updating our Database using Stored Procedures
- Part 8: Executing Custom SQL Expressions
- Part 9: Using a Custom LINQ Expression with the <asp:LinqDataSource> Control
Also, there was (at one time) a single PDF containing all of these tutorials, but the website where it was hosted appears to be offline. Does anyone have a copy of that PDF they’d care to send me to host?
UPDATE: Some time ago a developer by the name of Kadir Pekel compiled all nine tutorials into a single PDF and hosted them on his website, http://it-box.blogturk.net, but that website no longer is around.
Helpful reader Milan had a copy of said PDF and sent it to me (thank you!), which you can download here, if interested: http://www.datawebcontrols.com/classes/LINQToSql.zip