Unfortunately, the various installments are not easy to follow when starting from Part 1 and going onward, so I’ve decided to gather and organize the links here for me and for anyone else interested in his tutorial.
Using LINQ to SQL
- Part 1: Introduction to LINQ to SQL
- Part 2: Defining our Data Model Classes
- Part 3: Querying our Database
- Part 4: Updating our Database
- Part 5: Binding UI using the <asp:LinqDataSource> Control
- Part 6: Retrieving Data Using Stored Procedures
- Part 7: Updating our Database using Stored Procedures
- Part 8: Executing Custom SQL Expressions
- Part 9: Using a Custom LINQ Expression with the <asp:LinqDataSource> Control
Also, there was (at one time) a single PDF containing all of these tutorials, but the website where it was hosted appears to be offline. Does anyone have a copy of that PDF they’d care to send me to host?
UPDATE: Some time ago a developer by the name of Kadir Pekel compiled all nine tutorials into a single PDF and hosted them on his website, http://it-box.blogturk.net, but that website no longer is around.
Helpful reader Milan had a copy of said PDF and sent it to me (thank you!), which you can download here, if interested: http://www.datawebcontrols.com/classes/LINQToSql.zip